When to refer to DBVI / VABVI:
When an individual presents with any of these issues related to their vision loss:
- Difficulty completing work tasks: reading the computer screen, reading paperwork/reports, completing tasks that require visual discrimination...
- Need assistance with finding employment, obtaining training / education
- Difficulty completing school related tasks
- Difficulty completing homemaker tasks: cooking, shopping, paying bills, laundry, cleaning, sewing...
- Difficulty performing activities of daily living: personal hygiene, grooming, dressing, using the phone...
- Difficulty accessing community activities, completing hobbies, recreational activities
- Unable to drive
- Unable to travel independently
- Difficulty with hearing
- Difficulty with independently managing personal medical needs: managing prescriptions, monitoring blood sugars, measuring insulin, taking blood pressure
- Needs eye surgery/treatment and has no health insurance
- Difficulty adjusting to vision loss
- Difficulty with glare
Please do not hesitate to refer anyone you believe could benefit from services.
For a DBVI Referral Form: Click Here
Or Contact DBVI or VABVI
Burlington: (800)-708-7703 or (800)-639-5861
Montpelier: (800)-708-7681 or (877)-350-8838
Rutland: (800)-708-7712 or (877)-350-8839
Springfield: (800)-356-1526 or (877)-350-8840 (Brattleboro)