Upcoming NFB Events
Meet the National Federation of the Blind! Are you a student seeking blind mentors who work in your field of interest? Are you the parent of a blind child seeking information on how you can best support your child to succeed? Are you a teacher of blind students who would like to connect them to a wider community? Are you a young professional trying to succeed in the workforce? Would you like to be part of a movement that defends the rights of blind people and helps them live the lives they want? Come out to learn more about us and speak one-on-one with members and leaders of the Federation. What: The National Federation of the Blind, the largest organization of the blind, will be hosting small information sessions around Vermont.
Come out to learn more about us and speak one-on-one with members and leaders of the Federation.
• May 6-11: Holiday Inn Burlington, 1068 Williston Road, South Burlington, VT 05403
• May 6: 3:00-5:00 pm: Student Social at the Holiday Inn Burlington
• May 7: 11:30 am-5:00 p.m.: Division for the Blind and Visually Impaired Montpelier Regional Office, 100 State Street, Suite 200, Montpelier, VT 05602
• May 8, 9:00 am-4:00 pm: Vermont Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired, Holton Hall, Ste. 280, 130 Austine Drive, Brattleboro, VT 05301
• May 8, 10:00 am-5:00 pm: 190 Asa Bloomer Building, Rutland, VT 05701-9408
Please contact Mary Fernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-659-9314, extension 2472, to RSVP.
Get to Know Us! The National Federation of the Blind invites you to a day filled with information about who we are and how we transform the dreams of blind people into reality. The program will include an overview of programs of the Federation such as NFB-NEWSLINE®, how we advocate for the rights of the blind in America, and what it means to be a member of an advocacy and civil rights organization. Lunch will be included, and there is no registration fee, so join us! When: Saturday, June 2, 2018 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Where: Holiday Inn Burlington 1068 Williston Road South Burlington, VT 05403 802-863-6363 Please fill out the short registration form at https://nfb.org/events/vtjune18. Or contact Mary Fernandez at email@example.com or 410-659-9314, extension 2472 to RSVP. Note: We have reserved a block of rooms for the night of June 1 at a special rate of $99 plus tax. To book your room please contact the hotel directly and mention the code NFB by no later than May 12, 2018.