Quotes from consumers:
- "CAP was wonderful, supportive and encouraging."
- "I appreciated CAP's help and advice and it appears, at this point, that the situation has been resolved."
- "CAP was very kind and helpful in advocating for me."
- "CAP people treated me with a high degree of respect and I felt that my needs really mattered to them. Thank you."
- "I am very grateful for CAP and the help they gave me."
What is the Client Assistance Program?
The Client Assistance Program (CAP) is an independent advocacy program. We can help you if you are applying for or receiving services from the following agencies:
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Vermont Center for Independent Living
- Division for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Vermont Association of Business, Industry and Rehabilitation
- Supported Employment
- Transition Programs
Call CAP if you:
- Need help
- Have questions or need information
- Have been turned down by any of these agencies
- Think things are taking too long
- Have trouble communicating with your counselor
- Are not getting the services you need
- Tell you about the services available to you through each agency
- Explain your rights and responsibilities
- Help you work out problems with your counselor or the agency
- Help you with appeals
- Listen to your concerns and recommend changes in agency policies for improve services for everyone
- Tell you about your employment rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act
Did You Know…
- CAP is part of the Disability Law Project of Vermont Legal Aid, Inc?
- CAP services are free and confidential?
Where Can I Reach CAP?
Call us, write to us, or visit us at:
Vermont Legal Aid
57 North Main Street, Rutland, Vermont 05701
177 Western Avenue, St. Johnsbury, VT 05817
56 Main Street, Springfield, VT 05156
7 Court Street, Montpelier, VT 05601
264 North Winooski Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401
Toll Free: 1-800-889-2047 V/TTY
Web Site: https://vtlawhelp.org/disability
If you need an interpreter or assistive listening device, please let us know.
This brochure is available in large print, braille, audio cassette and on disk.